Jill has been actively involved in the cyber and privacy field for over six years, and has over 20 years of experience litigating commercial and insurance disputes. Her cyber and privacy practice includes:
- defending insureds in claims alleging breach of privacy and failure to protect personal information;
- advising insurers with respect to coverage obligations under cyber liability and
other insurance products for cyber losses;
- drafting cyber policy wordings and modifying foreign cyber policies for use in Canada;
- litigating coverage disputes;
- acting as breach coach to manage privacy and security breach incident response
for insureds on cyber insurance programs;
- notifying and responding to provincial and federal privacy commissioners; and
- advising clients with respect to personal information protection, privacy and
CASL regulatory compliance.
Jill is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and is a frequent speaker on cyber and privacy liability claims in Canada.